How was your week? Stressful or relaxed? We all deal with stress. Some cope better than others. Those who don’t cope so well, come down with stress-related ailments like hypertension. We don’t want you to be that person J Let’s give you some fun ways to handle your stress
- Blow bubbles: You can do this alone or with someone. Observe the colours and shapes of the bubbles and how very beautiful they are
- Remember the advert where a boss is dancing in his office and his staff join in? Be that guy. Dance. Turn on the music in your living room or bedroom and just dance. Beyond the feel good effect, this releases happy brain chemicals, endorphins
- Buy a book of jokes and indulge in it when it looks like the sky is about to fall.
- Watch your favourite comedy and just let your laughter roar from somewhere deep inside.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. Laugh and laugh often too. This lowers blood pressure, opens up creativity and stimulates the production of endorphins…the happy brain chemicals.
- Complex carbs help increase the level of the feel-good hormone, serotonin and because they are digested slowly, they make you feel that good for longer. Oranges, spinach, nuts like almonds, fatty fish etc are also helpful
So, this weekend and next week, don’t let stress get the better of you. Stay right on top!
Have a great weekend 😀