Is your home a haven? Is it somewhere you race to from work because it enhances and improves your wellness? Or is it somewhere you run away from because it is dirty? Or because your family members or even members of staff are ….well, to put it less than delicately, smelly? Perhaps because they don’t bath or even wash their clothes? Or because, toilets and kitchens smell nasty?
Here are five top tips to create the perfect home environment where wellness can thrive.
• Sweep and clean your house every day. For people who have bare floors, this is all too important. Ensure that the floors are scrubbed and cleaned every day; or if there is little traffic in your house during the week days, then at least once a week. Ensure that laundry is done frequently and dried properly. We don’t want to smell sweaty clothes, sheets or even settees when you walk into the home. The settees can be brushed down and cleaned depending on whether they are fabric or leather.
• Ensure that toilets are cleaned daily. At the very least, they should be wiped down after use, toilets should be flushed and toilet cleaning agents should be used. Air freshening agents should also be used liberally. Your toilet should smell like a sanctuary…and not a sewer!
• Brush your teeth daily and encourage your family members to do so too, especially in the mornings. A lot of people move around with morning breath, stinking up the house. A quick brush after every meal is also not a bad idea or at least after a meal of food with distinctive strong smells like garlic, fish etc. A quick fix may be to use mouth wash or unsweetened chewing gum.
• Be sure to take a bath twice a day, or failing that, at least once a day. When on your period, be sure to take a bath even more frequently so that you stay smelling fresh and clean.
• If you have a baby, please change their diapers as soon as they mess it up with poop or urine. Your babies feel uncomfortable and fret and the smell from their ‘business’ pollutes your haven!
Now you’ve got more reasons to race home from the office.
Have a fabulous weekend, people 😀