Good morning, everyone! Wow! It’s exactly one week to Christmas…can you believe it?!
Do you usually snack at your desk while working? Well, snacking doesn’t have to be a dirty word. Here are some tips to help you do it right:
• Snack on mixed nuts: Especially in the mid afternoon, this is a very effective pick-me-up that gives you a boost when your energy levels are waning. And they are also filled with heart healthy oils.
• Do not wait too long between meals. This will lead to sugar levels going too low, lead to cravings and makes you over-indulge when you do get to eat.
• Keep healthy snack options within reach in your fridge and snack cabinet. This would include lots of fruits. This makes it easier to be making the healthier choices when snacking.
• Drink water and often too. Sometimes, it is actually thirst that we feel and mis-read as hunger. Aim for at least 8 glasses of water a day and actually more if the weather is super hot.
• Chew slowly when you eat. The stomach needs about 15 minutes to get the signal that it is full. So don’t just inhale your food; rather, enjoy every mouthful and give your stomach the chance to report ‘I am full’.
So, there you go! You’ve got no excuse to get stuffed today! Eat right and feel light 😀 (Hmmm! nice rhyme….)
Have a great day, people!
Here’s to a healthier you!