As the year gradually winds down, avoid that feeling of trying to race against time. Write down what needs to be achieved, realistically, and methodically go about them. Don’t get stressed out.
If you do feel stress coming on, here are some fun ways of relieving it.
• Blow bubbles: You can do this alone or with someone. Watch the colours and shapes of the bubbles and how very beautiful they are.
• Remember the advert where a boss is dancing in his office and his staff join in? Be that guy. Dance. Turn on the music in your living room or bedroom and just dance. Beyond the feel good effect, this releases happy brain chemicals, endorphins.
• Buy a book of jokes and indulge in it when it looks like the sky is about to fall.
• Watch your favourite comedy and just let your laughter roar from somewhere deep inside.
• Don’t take yourself too seriously. Laugh and laugh often too. This lowers blood pressure, opens up creativity and stimulates the production of endorphins…the happy brain chemicals.
Have a great day…and remember to laugh at life!