• Remember jumping jacks? Try and see how many you get in during a commercial break on TV.
• While getting ready in the morning, instead of just going through the motions, trying playing some music and dance along as you go through your getting ready motions. If you enjoy this a lot, join a dance class and really work those muscles with salsa, tango etc.
• Remember arm wrestling? Challenge as many people as will listen. Your children would love to do that with you…especially when you let them win . You’ll be surprised how many muscles you work out.
• Do you love a pillow fight? Or you think it’s just for children? Nope! Race around your house with partner and children and have a good, robust pillow fight. May the best man or woman win!
• While at work, try to clench your butt muscles while sitting, clench your abdominal muscles intermittently, check how long you can hold your legs up in the air while at your desk and be sure to walk over to the copier to pick the report rather than call for it.
Now I’ve settled the questions of how to get some exercise into a busy schedule. No more excuses, people. Get moving and burning those calories