Wondering how to stay healthy during Christmas? Or perhaps, wondering how to cook healthy? I’ll share with you a chicken recipe I learnt way back in university days. This does not involve frying…which appears to be the favourite way most people have of preparing chicken during the festive season.
Ingredients and materials
• Pot or slow cooker
• Wash and clean the chicken pieces. Trim off all fat.
• Cut the chicken up along the joints
• Pat dry with kitchen paper
• Place in the pot
• Season with spices to taste: ginger, thyme, salt, garlic, pepper/chili etc
(If you can, season the chicken pieces a couple of hours ahead of time, place in a bowl and cover with cling film. Keep this in the fridge until ready for use. This makes the chicken extra tasty as the chicken is marinated properly by the spices)
• Place in the pot and set cooker heat to very low. Do not add water.
(If you have a slow cooker, cook high for 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours)
• Cook the chicken on low heat while turning the chicken often to prevent burning
• When the chicken is done, turn off the heat.
You will be presented with tasty, delicious chicken which has been cooked in a healthy way 😀
Try it out and let me know what you think.
Have a great weekend, people 😀