Q: Doc I am having itches after menstruation. What may be the cause?
A: Vaginal thrush, which is one of the commonest causes of vaginal itching with thick creamy white vaginal discharge, can occur when the normal balance in the vagina is distorted allowing yeast to overgrow the area.
Conditions that can lead to this thrush include:
• Diabetes Mellitus
• Changes in menstrual cycle as described in the case above
• Oral Contraceptive use
• Antibiotic use
• Not changing out of wet clothes immediately eg swim suits
• Not wiping from the front to the back after using the toilet
• Using douches, perfumed sprays and perfumed soap in the genital area
• Wearing tight clothes and tight undergarments
So, even if treatment has been received and one complied 100% with it, not addressing the issues mentioned above may lead to recurrence.
If the lifestyle issues…
View original post 46 more words