Nobody wants to smell, much less taste horrible, spoilt milk. It leaves a terrible taste in your mouth! However, we may not quite know how long to keep our milk stored and how indeed to store them. Here are my tips to consider when shopping for or storing milk:
• Be sure to check for expiry dates and buy the milk with the farthest expiry dates first. Once a pack of powdered milk has been opened, it should be consumed within a month
• For powdered milk, make sure it’s fortified with Vitamins A and D
• For powdered milk, once re-constituted, it should be stored in the refrigerator and used up within 3 days. The same goes for fresh milk
• If you store re-constituted milk in the refrigerator, please store on the fridge shelves and not on the door as the temperature on the shelves is lower (colder) and so micro-organisms will think twice before making a home there
• To really enjoy your milk, be sure to keep the containers properly closed and away from strong smelling foods in the fridge or pantry. You don’t want onion smelling/tasting milk first thing in the morning, do you?
So, what are you waiting for? Get your milk mustache going!
Reblogged this on chatwithketch.