Q: Good day Dr.
Please I have frequent urination and I don’t know what’s causing it. I always urinate at least 15 times during the day and 4 times during the night. I’ve been to the hospital and I was told to do E&U, CR and the results were within normal range, did MCS also and no microbes were found. Please help me, I am not comfortable going to toilet now and again. Thanks ma’am.
A: Frequent urination may actually be due to the simple fact that you’re drinking way too much fluid. However, where this is not the case, it is likely to be due to a health problem.
Some causes of frequent urination include:
- Sexually Transmitted Infections as you have already noted.
- Some medications
- Drinks that contain caffeine, alcohol etc
- Infections that along the urinary tract or changes to the bladder
- Infection or enlargement of the prostate
- Disease conditions like Diabetes Mellitus etc
- Some cancer treatment eg radiation treatment for the lower abdomen
If this is due to excessive fluid intake, limiting this will help. If this symptom is associated with others like difficulty with urination, pain during urination, passing out bloody urine, incomplete emptying of bladder when urinating etc, please see your doctor asap.
Kindly do not do anything stupid…whatever that would be! Just go and see your doctor. He will take a good history, examine you and order some investigations. The treatment of course will depend on the cause of the problem.
For related posts, please click on the following:
Have a good night, people 😀