Happy Easter, family!
I hope you all had a great day? Were you in church? Did you visit with family or friends? I had a thoroughly lazy day at home relaxing with my family.
May the resurrection of Christ bring to life every good thing in your life that you had assumed dead! 😀
As the holiday continues tomorrow, I thought this question would be a great help.
Q: What’s the best food for breakfast, please?
A: Eating healthy for breakfast does not have to break the bank.Most people think bread once they think breakfast. There are other ideas that help you switch things up and keep breakfast interesting.
• You can have fruits cut up into your cereal. Keep your cereal healthy and go for oats and muesli. Try to avoid all those sugar-coated or honey-filled cereals.
• A small wrap of moi-moi with some yoghurt (unsweetened). I know pap is a great accompaniment but the combination may very well send you to sleep when you’re trying to stay all sharp at work 😀 If you must, please go for a teensy weensy portion. And use skimmed milk.
• A boiled egg or poached egg with a slice of whole wheat bread is also a good idea.
• Fish sauce with a small/half finger (depending on size) of unripe plantain. Tiny portions only as it’s quite easy to have big portions with this 😀
• You can also make a toast sandwich with leftovers from today. Put a slice of whole wheat bread on the sandwich toaster. If you have some left-over cooked chicken, or fish, chop them up and add some sliced tomatoes. Place in the sandwich toaster…and toast 😀 It’s juicily tasty!
• You can also have overnight oats. See recipe below:
Put some oats in a bowl, add some milk and unsweetened yoghurt. If you don’t have yoghurt, milk will do.
Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge overnight. In the morning, add some fruit slices (I like apple and banana slices), add a sprinkle of cinnamon and if you want a little bit more ‘sugar’, add a couple of raisins/currants/dried fruit. Remember that even the calories in fruits also count, so be sure to go easy on all ingredients.
Mix it all up…tastes fabulous!
Have a great night, people 😀