Remember that if we do not build up a good stock of calcium in our youth, we stand the risk of having brittle bones and fractures, later in life. So, please read up!Remember that if we do not build up a good stock of calcium in our youth, we stand the risk of having brittle bones and fractures, later in life. So, please read up!
And to encourage your journey towards stocking up on calcium, I share my yoghurt recipe with you 🙂
Remember that yoghurt is full of healthy bacteria that may help fight vaginal infections, prevent brittle bones (osteoporosis) in old age because of the calcium content and help digestion amongst other uses. And now for my home made brew…without fancy machines and stuff…
• Get your measuring cups, warm water, a clean dish towel,, some already made (store bought yoghurt with pro-biotics, an airtight container and milk. This recipe uses powdered milk
• Mix one cup of milk with 4 cups of warm water. Whisk it all up
• Scoop out one cup of the mixture and add a quarter cup of your already made yoghurt with pro-biotics (Any already-made yoghurt will do, really)
• Then pour the mixture from the point above to the milk mixture and whisk
• Pour in an air-tight container and cover with the tea towel
• Do not move, mix or stir the mixture during the ‘setting’ process. Leave it for at least 4 hours. I usually leave mine overnight and wake up to a jar of fabulous home-made yoghurt!
So, mix up your own batch and after the first go, feel free to mix and match the recipe as you like. As you can see, there was no added sugar to mine 😉 If you ant a healthy sugar kick, you can blend some fruits eg banana ith the yoghurt. Tastes….delumptious!
This recipe can also use bottled milk in which case it has to be warmed before (not boiled) before use and repeat all other steps as above.