Q: Good day doc, I want to ask a question about blood in my semen after having sex with my partner just once only. Can you help me what to do and what med can cure that?
Q: Good morning Doc, please I have a question. If sperm is mixed with blood, what is the cause?
A: Hi dear, thanks for writing in. It is certainly very disturbing to see blood in semen! This phenomenon, known as haematospermia or haemospermia in men under 40 years with no other symptoms related to more serious issues (which I shall discuss below) is usually not a major medical problem. Causes include:
· Inflammation of the prostate gland (where semen is produced)
· Inflammation of the seminal vesicles (where most of the fluid in the semen is produced)
· Cysts in the seminal vesicles
· Sexually Transmitted Infections like gonorrhea, chlamydia etc
· Following recent instrumentation eg after prostatic biopsy
These conditions would usually resolve on their own or require a course of antibiotics. Please be guided by your doctor.
However, if you develop the under-listed…
View original post 103 more words